Most people looking for a website are NOT web designers or programmers.
It isn't too much different than shopping for a computer when you don't know anything about the specifications. The guy at the computer store could tell you just about anything and how would you know if he was right, wrong, lying...etc?
If you don't know much about websites, you need to know this:
ALL WEBSITES ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL
If you can grasp that concept, you would NEVER shop for a website ONLY BY PRICE ever again.
Pick a Template? Watch Out
If your "web developer" directs you to a website where you should pick the TEMPLATE that you like...with prices of $19, $49...RUN FOR THE HILLS.
Template sites are notorious for having poor source code. If your website has poor source code, it will be very difficult for you to achieve good results in the search engines.
We DO NOT USE TEMPLATES. Everything we do is created specifically for each client.
We discuss with the client things like:
- Who is your target market and demographics?
- Do you have an existing logo?
- What sort of content do you want to present?
- What do you want to do in the future with your website?
- Do you need to accept credit cards on the site?
- What do you want users of Mobile Phones to see when they view your site?
- What sort of email newsletter strategy do you employ?
- What features would make your website more valuable to your clients?
- Making Appointments/Reservations Online?
- Paying Invoices
- Do you market your site on the Social Networking sites?
These are just some of the items discussed as the project begins.