Five reasons why you should leave your site content to a professional.
Content is one of the top three factors that contribute to high search rankings, along with links and activity. Here are five reasons why you should rely on a professional to create site content that converts:
- When you’re so close to your business, it’s easy to assume visitors know as much as you do. Leaving out important details leaves potential customers frustrated and confused.
- People read differently online so what works on your brochure won’t work on your site.
- Your customers go online to find information and solve problems. Nothing drives them away faster than paragraphs full of “we this” and “we that”. An objective eye makes sure your copy tells visitors ‘why your product or service’ and ‘why you’.
- An active voice is a must to keep visitors engaged. Once you’ve got their attention, every page needs a compelling call-to-action or you miss out on valuable opportunities.
- Unless the keywords your ideal customers use to find you appear in the right spots on each page, you won’t show up in the search results. But the copy has to make sense and be readable, too.